Howe Go Zone Procedures for Arrival and Dismissal
School starts: 8:30 am
School dismissed: 3:30 pm
Go Zone Location: Howe’s Go Zone is the indented lane closest to the sidewalk in front of the school along Broadmoor Avenue.
Morning drop off: Supervision begins at 8:20 am, and student entry begins at 8:28 am for the 8:30 start of the school day. During inclement weather, students will be admitted beginning at 8:20 am.
The late bell rings at 8:35 am, and all students enter in the Main Door after 8:35 am (12:45 pm for PM Kindergarten).
Please turn into the Go Zone lane as far up as possible. While parents remain in the vehicle, children must exit from the passenger side of the vehicle onto the sidewalk and proceed to the main door.
Afternoon pick-up: No cars are allowed into the Go Zone before 3:30 PM. Please use Morning drop-off as a guide. Dismissal is 3:30 pm.
School Entry and Exit:
- The AM/PM Kindergarten students will enter/exit using the Primary/Courtyard Door (D-14).
- Students in grade 1 will enter/exit using the Primary/Courtyard Door (D-14).
- Students in grades 2 & 5 will enter/exit using the Main Door (A-1).
- Students in grades 3 & 4 will enter/exit using the Faculty Lot Door (A-2).
- Students who arrive after 8:35 AM (after 12:45 PM for PM Kindergarten) must enter through the Main Door (A-1) through the office.
- Students who go home for lunch will exit/enter through the Main Door (A-1) to check out/in with the office.
- Students with early dismissals will exit through the Main Door (A-1) when the parent/guardian arrives at the door. Parents should ring at the main door to notify the office of their arrival.
Go Zone rules and safety suggestions:
- Be sure students always exit from the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Do not park your car or wait in the Go Zone.
- Do not leave your car unattended during arrival or dismissal time.
- Do not drop off or pick up students in any traffic lane
- Do not double-park in the traffic lane at arrival or dismissal.
- Do not allow your child to cross a street between cars; only at cross walks.
- Pay attention and defer to crossing guards at all times while driving or walking.
- Observe all traffic rules in school designated areas. Avoid making U-turns, or making a 3 point turn from a driveway across the street or within an intersection.
- Do not drop off children unattended in the morning. Supervision is not available until 8:20 AM.
- After 8:35 AM, all students must be “buzzed” in through the school office at the main door.
- Do not enter the Go Zone in the afternoon until your child is dismissed and waiting for you on the Go Zone sidewalk. If you arrive early or your child is not at the Go Zone sidewalk, you must either park in a designated area or circle the block.
- Do not park in the Go Zone before 3:30 PM at pick up.
For any questions or concerns please contact Dr. Murray or the Howe PTA Juvenile Protection Chair. For any urgent issues you may also contact the Mt. Lebanon Police Department.