Howe Go Zone Procedures:
Location: Howe’s Go Zone is the indented lane closest to the sidewalk in front of the school along Broadmoor Avenue.
Morning drop off: Please turn into the Go Zone lane as far up as possible. While parents remain in the vehicle, children must exit from the passenger side of the vehicle onto the sidewalk and proceed to the main door.
Afternoon pick-up: No cars are allowed into the Go Zone before 3:30 PM. Please use Morning drop-off as a guide.
School Entry and Exit:
- The AM Kindergarten students will enter the main door and will be dismissed from the primary wing door.
- The PM Kindergarten students will enter the primary door and also be dismissed from the primary wing door.
- Students in grades 1-5 will enter the main door.
- Students in K-2 will exit the primary wing door.
- Students in grades 3-5 will exit the main door.
Go Zone rules and safety suggestions:
- Be sure students always exit from the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Do not park your car or wait in the Go Zone.
- Do not leave your car unattended during arrival or dismissal time.
- Do not drop off or pick up students in any traffic lane
- Do not double-park in the traffic lane at arrival or dismissal.
- Do not allow your child to cross a street between cars; only at cross walks.
- Pay attention and defer to crossing guards at all times while driving or walking.
- Observe all traffic rules in school designated areas. Avoid making U-turns, or making a 3 point turn from a driveway across the street or within an intersection.
- Do not drop off children unattended in the morning. Supervision is not available until 8:20 a.m.
- After 8:40, students must be “buzzed” in through the school office.
- Do not enter the Go Zone in the afternoon until your child is dismissed and waiting for you on the Go Zone sidewalk. If you arrive early or your child is not at the Go Zone sidewalk, you must either park in a designated area or circle the block.
- Do not park in the Go Zone before 3:30 PM at pick up.